I had bought a pool there last season. It lasted about 2 months (literally) and now some type of grass is growing through the liner! Now I have plants in my pool. I talked to numerous amounts of people ( who did absolutely nothing at all), and then I ended up talking to the owner. I got 2 months out of a brand new pool, and he said they would fix it for 400.00! He also said that it was in the contract that they could not do anything about that... 2 months old!!!! They do not honor their warranty by any means! They also talk so much crap about their competitors, but I bet you anything that if I went to one of those people then they would fix the problem! I paid cash, so of course they will not help me... They already got their money! If for some reason you decide to get a pool there.. do not pay cash!!! Also, I had a private contractor put it down (who puts their pools in all the time, and they said there have been numerous complaints with that same problem. ( This is when he came back to look at the lovely plants growing in my aquarium (pool) I have had problems from start to finish with them. When they first installed it, I had to make 3 trips back up there to get everything that it was suppose to come with. Both my pool alarms still do not work ( which they did nothing about) and they gave me the wrong size hose and said that was the only size they had. I mean really people... Come on now. Bad customer service leads you to failure! He has made enough money on customers ( like myself) that were screwed.. I just hope that people listen before they waste money like myself.
Thanks to everyone at Pool & Spa Depot for making this such a pleasant experience for us
Bob came by and talked me through and gave me a bid. I got a competitive bid - he matched it there abouts and then they came on time, did the job, cleaned up and left the same day - very polite, respectful.
I felt that they deserve 5 stars for they way they came up to us and helped me out in finding the perfect sauna.
I initially chose Pool and Spa Depot
because their prices were competitive and my interactions with the sales representative were good. I was completely underwhelmed with my service once I placed my 50% deposit. If I do another pool install in a future home I will certainly not work with them again. The sales person and installer would lie about why the pool construction was running late. I would call my sales representative who would say there was a delay as the ground was too wet. Then the next day the installer knocked on my door and said sorry for the delay- he had been sick. Then, he also admitted they were behind on another project so my instal was being delayed. The fiberglass shell of our pool was scratched during install. I was too tired of dealing with this company's inferior service to even try to get anything done about it.
The sales representative did not do the appropriate research before recommending a pool design for us. We expressed safety was very important once the pool was covered. She designed only a 2 foot concrete edge on our pool. Now we are being told we cannot install a safety cover in the concrete with less than a 3 foot ledge?! So, they did a shoddy instal job by putting our safety cover on placing pegs in the dirt around the pool. When I initially e-mailed Pool and Spa Depot with my concerns I received no response for months (until the end of the year when they were requesting payment for it) and are refusing to remedy the situation.
My pool guy says our salt system is barely adequate for the size of pool we have which I was never warned about. This causes us to have to put some chlorine in our pool even though it has a salt system. I was never warned this could be a problem. I had to get a pool guy in the first place because Pool and Spa Depot spent about 5 minutes teaching me to use the pump and clean the pool so I have no idea how to do it myself!
Overall, Pool and Spa depot let too many things fall through the cracks in the purchase and install process. The pool designers and installers didn't communicate with each other causing some problems. Work with a better quality company if you are putting a pool in. It is a major expense and you won't want your pool to be mediocre.
I have had my pool for just over a year. I actually only got to use it for two months last summer, but that was enough to make the pump motor go out. The motor was replaced in April 2012 and the new motor went out in September 2012. I was told that I would have to pay to replace the motor because it was outside of the 4 month replacement warranty. It has been less than 5 months, but over 4.
Find another pool installer.
While our in-ground pool was installed well, the process was nearly unbearable.
For background, I work for a large contractor building hospitals. Suffice it to say, this is not my first construction project. For ease of review, I am going to break down my comments to bullet points:
* The on-site crews that worked on the project were great. Courteous, efficient, and clean.
* The pool is great. The salt-water system is awesome. Glad they talked us into it.
* The P&S Project Manager NEVER visited out house to oversee the work. It was left to my wife to coordinate.
* The contract included excavation. After the excavation started I was surprised to find that their version of excavation did not include handling the spoils (the material that comes out of the ground). That was our first unexpected $1500 charge.
* The contract stated that we had to provide the stone, sand, concrete and portland cement. They would use these materials to build our pool. While the installers did use the sand and portland cement to create pool bottom, and the concrete to anchor the bottom of the pool walls, we were surprised their installation did not include backfilling the pool walls with the stone we purchased. More unexpected costs...
* I have friends in the industry and chose to choose my own electrician and concrete contractor. For some reason the P&S Project Manager could not, or chose not to, coordinate his effort with theirs. It was a constant headache.
* The slide we wanted was supposed to be a "lightly scratched show room model". What arrived was not just a little worn, but had holes drilled into it on the slide surface. It was pretty obvious that it was previously installed somewhere else and during the previous install, they ruined the slide. They were pretty irritated that my wife pointed out the obvious issues (which the on-site installer acknowledged) asked that it be taken back. After weeks of calls, we finally got a refund on the slide.
* The PM for P&S got so frustrated that my wife would expect materials to be provided when promised, teams would arrive on time, and insist on being treated fairly that they actually asked that she not be allowed to talk to them anymore - they only wanted to deal with me.
* Due to the fact we started the pool installation in late fall, the pool was not completed until the spring. We wanted and finally received a visit to guide us in the operation of the pool systems. We were surprised to receive a bill 6 months later seeking reimbursement for that "Start-Up Visit". After contacting them, we discovered that the PM was no longer working for P&S and they were trying to clean up his files. Thankfully they did not insist on payment after we explained our situation.
In short, find some other firm to build your pool.
Fake Reviews to boost star ratings.
Pool and Spa Depot has a reputation for being dishonest and rude. Sadly this rating forum allows for the vendor, in this case Pool and Spa Depot, to load the review space with five star ratings to compensate for the truth about how actual customers feel about dealing with that place. Its terrible. No one I have ever spoken to that has delt with that place has had anything nice to say. Once the money has exchanged hands you might as well not exist. They do not return phone calls. They will put you on hold until you give up and hang up. They will lie straight to your face about delivery times, product availability, price, installation, reputation. You name it. It is run by a group of people who thinks the general population is stupid and undeserving of respect. We are live stock to these people. Pigs with money and it is their mission to take as much of it from us as they can. Do not trust one thing they say. They hire bad contractors who are also rude and dishonest. They will tear up your yard. Fail to bring parts. Fail to show up or call. Wont fix whats wrong and then lie about the costs. They will blame you for breaking it and wont cover it as they say they will. Or they will replace things that dont need it to rise up the bill.
My family bought...tried to buy... an in ground pool and a hot tub. We got some smooth snake who creeped us out and who smelled of booze giving us a long line of promises....all of them sounded just like all those five star reviews on this city search boloney. We will do this. you can expect that. It will be done on this day. We will incluude this as a bonus...and so on. All lies. We had to call about ten times before we could get the sales manager to even talk to us after we signed the contract and waited for the install day that passed by without a call from the store....a contract we were later told did not list all the promises that they made and free stuff they said was thrown in... so they didnt have to do any of it. And if we cancled the order we would only get part of our money back even if they had not started the job....or delivered the hot tub. No one is coming out to check on anything. No one is going to treat you right. They will forget your name as soon as the check clears.
Your best bet is to go anywhere else or burn the money because that place is crooked and they dont care about anything but money. They should be shut down and run out of Nashville.
You can bet that not one high rated review is from any real person. They all come from that store. The names in the 5 star reviews are the names of the people who will rip you off the most. You will regret going there. You will learn to hate that store as soon as you need their help with getting what you paid for delivered or repaired or installed. Its a joke. And its being played on all of us who made the mistake of shopping there. Stay away and teach them not to steal from people and lie about it.
Beautiful Swimming Pool. I am writing this letter to express how thrilled we are about our inground pool from Pool and Spa Depot. The process has been very quick and easy. Each of your crews were quick, efficient, and very helpful through construction. We never felt alone in this process. Each question or concern we had was taken care of by Bob B. Bob fielded each one of our numerous phone calls. He always had an answer to our questions. He even made a quick trip to our house when I had a concern about the pump that could not be addressed over the phone. Over all, we are so pleased with the experience of working with Pool and Spa Depot. I would highly recommend them to anyone I know. I feel confident that they will continue to support us through maintaining our beautiful swimming pool for years to come.
5 stars. I felt that they deserve 5 stars for they way they came up to us and helped me out in finding the perfect sauna.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!