Shopping >Pedestals Florist
Beautiful!. Christopher Michael designed the flowers by my Mom
Highly Recommend. I got married this past June at the Westmount Country Club. I was recommended to Robert Herzog from two of my friends whose weddings I had attended as a guest. Both weddings were very beautiful, but not really my taste. When I first went to meet Robert I had a vision in my head of what I wanted. After speaking with him, he gave me some of his own ideas and completely steered me in a new direction. A few months before my wedding Robert showed me a mock-up of what he designed for me, and also of what I had originally wanted. This really helped me make decisions, since I got to see both of my options in person. On my wedding day, when my bouquets were delivered, I realized I ordered one less bouquet than I needed. I freaked out imagining one of my bridesmaids being without flowers. When I called Robert, he had another bouquet made and sent to us within an hour. In the end my wedding flowers were GORGEOUS!
AMAZING EXPERIENCE. I had my wedding on June 24th at Jericho Terrace. I booked my flowers with Nadia, and she really made the whole process fun for me. When I first started shopping around for a florist, I had no idea what I wanted. Nadia was extremely patient and provided me with great ideas. I saw 2 samples of my centerpieces before my actual wedding day, because I changed my colors. One was more beautiful than the other. When I walked into my reception room on my wedding day I was completely blown away at how beautiful everything turned out to be. My friends are still talking about the bouquets (especially mine). Thank you Pedestals for making my wedding day even more beautiful than I could have imagined.
HORRIBLE FLORIST. I would never recomend this florist to anyone. Please BEWARE, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR YOUR FLOWERS. This company was supposed to arrive at 1:00 to deliver my flowers for a 2:30 wedding. I get a phone call from the delivery man who was not Christoper, who was the consultant I had been working with. He tells me that they cant fit under a bridge and are running an hour late. I told them that my wedding starts at 2:30! He then said he was going to put all of my flowers in a car and drive them over. The company was lying. I work at a restaurant that deals with Pedestals. They have never had a problem getting under a bridge before. Needless to say they arrived at my house at 2:35. We all were waiting outside to get into our limos. The company didn't even apologize for being late. Christopher our consultant was no where to be found. Then, I get to the church very late and the ribbon I wanted on the railing wasn't even on the railing. I paid extra for the ribbon. When I called to complain later on they said oops we forgot because we were running late. So I am walking into the church and I look at my alter flowers. They left a napkin on my flowers. For a good 10 minutes of the ceremony I thought it was a dunkin donuts napkin. But, as I looked closer it said North Ritz Club. I was furious!!!! I paid alot of money for my flowers and was not at all happy with the flowers. Then, later on in our celebration one of my guests came up to me and said the pew flowers popped off. So, In the middle of my ceremony the flowers that were on the pew exploded and went everywhere. Luckily, when we got to the reception all of the flowers centerpieces were gorgeous!! If you would like to see pictures of my church flowers with the napkin on it please do not hesitate to email me. I will be happy to show you what type of business this company runs. HORRIBLE COMPANY PLEASE BEWARE!!!!!!!!
Potential, but overall disappointing.
My wedding was a two-day event. I will start with the bad news first. The following is a list of my complaints by day.
Day 1 (Indian Wedding Ceremony):
1. The centerpieces had roses, and I had specifically requested not to have roses. The vases were supposed to be spray painted gold. This is not how they were executed; therefore, they did not match our other decor.
2. The Pedestals truck was parked in front of the venue entrance when we arrived. This is not the first thing I would want my guests to see as they arrive at the venue.
3. We were to be provided with two bags of rose petals for use during the ceremony. Since this was not provided, we had to pick apart the roses in the centerpieces to have enough petals.
4. We discussed the Mandap (wedding structure) having deep red and gold fabric. There was no red fabric, but instead there was white, which we had specifically asked not to have for religious reasons.
5. We paid for an aisle runner, with tall, clear vases along the aisle and tulle hanging in between the vases. There was no aisle runner or tulle, and the vases were placed in a row next to the Mandap instead.
Day 2 (Catholic Wedding Ceremony/Reception):
1. My wedding ceremony began at 2:00 PM and Pedestals was supposed to be delivering floral decorations and a wagon for my flower girl to the church between 1pm and 1:30pm. They arrived 8 minutes prior to the ceremony. Not only was this a burden, as my guests had to see the hustle and bustle of setting up the ceremony decorations while they were sitting and waiting for the ceremony to start, but my ring bearers and flower girl had intended to practice with the wagon prior to the ceremony, but were unable to do so because of the late delivery. This caused much stress for the kids' parents.
2. I had requested pink and purple flowers for my hair, which were supposed to be placed on wires that could be inserted into my up-do. No flowers were provided for my hair. This is probably the most disappointing of my complaints, because a bride spends a great amount of time thinking about her wedding day look, and I was left to improvise, taking one of the groomsmen's boutonnieres and considering taking apart my bouquet to make this work.
3. My bouquet was not what I wanted. I did not want any white in my bouquet and specifically requested pink and purple flowers and not many (if any calla lilies). Instead, my bouquet was almost all calla lilies and mostly white.
4. The groomsmen boutonnieres were delivered to the hotel when I had specified that they should be delivered to the church.
I was promised a typed list of all items being provided on each day at least two weeks before the wedding and never received it. I asked for this list several times in the months leading up to my wedding. I believe a lot of the above complaints could have been avoided if I was provided with an itemized list of what I was getting and their costs.
Now for the good news:
1. I worked with Robert throughout the process, and he was very friendly during our meetings.
2. Robert created a centerpiece preview for my reception on Day 2. We had three different types of centerpieces, and they were completely unique and spectacular - we were trying to incorporate some fusion cultural elements into our reception, and Robert added Bells of Ireland flowers to the centerpieces in honor of my Irish-American now-husband, which I thought was a nice touch.
3. We had Pedestals do ceiling draping in our reception ballroom, and it turned out beautifully.
4. I received many compliments from guests on our centerpieces the day of the wedding.
Despite the good news above, I can't wholeheartedly recommend Pedestals as a florist/decorator. The logistical challenges in getting in touch with them, as well as the uncertainty about what you will actually receive on the day of your wedding, might be too much of a risk if you want a stress-free wedding day. You will likely pay less for another florist as well.
best florist ever!. i got married this past may at oheka castle and i worked with virgil at pedestals. He was amazing! he understood my vision right from day one. he has such wonderful ideas that completed the look i was going for. The product of flowers that they have was amazing in the showroom and even better on my wedding day. Pedestals and virgil went above and beyond to give me the most wonderful/beautiful wedding day ever and i would recommend them for years to come!
Exceeded my expectations!. My wedding was earlier this month at a private home in East Hampton, and I was beyond impressed with my wedding flowers. I waited until 2 months before my wedding to book my flowers and Pedestals not only worked quickly and creatively to design arrangements and bouquets that were magnificent and impressive, but my consultant also made the experience very enjoyable. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and seemed genuinely happy for me. I would definitely recommend Pedestals to anyone I met.
I love flowers and was very excited to work with Pedestals for my wedding! My contact was Rob H and he was very nice from the start. Promising me certain types of centerpieces and flowers. After the months went on before my wedding he never returned my phone calls or really cared about my needs, (after I gave him my deposit).
I felt that there was no one really helping me with this experience. When it came down to visiting the showroom to view my centerpieces, there were not ready. He was basically setting them up in front of me while I waited. I felt as if I was not good enough to have my flowers prepared by him. After all of this he did not have my centerpieces I had originally ordered, he did not even have a sample of my Bouquet. He said he could not even get me the original centerpiece signed a contract for. I had plans to come back the next week. When I did he still could not give me what I signed for in my contract. After calling and complaining I had another person help me, he was very nice and def wanted to please me. He even came to my house with another sample of a centerpiece. However after I look at my wedding pictures my flowers were not really what I wanted. The whole picture that was promised to me by Rob was not delivered. I think Pedestals has nice flowers and the quality was good. Just be sure to ask for a sales person that can really give you what they promise, especially their time and dedication to your most special day.
WORST EXPERIENCE AT PEDESTALS.
As we planned our wedding, my husband and I agreed that the floral arrangements should be an important part of our affair.
We felt that committing $20,000.00 for flowers would guarantee that our guests and we would enjoy the beauty that flowers bring to a gathering.
After interviewing several florists, we decided upon Pedestals in Garden City. Our representative was Rob, who is also one of the owners.
We were attracted to Rob, who catered to our every whim. Every request and suggestion was met with a confident “yes we can”.
We were especially impressed by the fact that he assured us he would be at the ceremony to personally direct his people on the day of the wedding.
Alas, what a difference a day makes.
The day of the wedding, arrangements and flowers were not provided as agreed and contracted. The centerpiece at the main entrance was a foot taller than the chandelier it was designed to be placed beneath. The six dozen engagement roses for my bridal suite were replaced with two dozen cheap white ones. The white dendrobium orchids and super white hydrangeas we ordered were replaced with green ones.
To cap it off, when we called Pedestals to request that Rob come out to correct these issues, we were told that he was on vacation in Aruba.
Our advice to anyone shopping for a florist is to steer clear of Pedestals.
Good experience !!!!.
We had a good experience for my daughter wedding on May 2010. Very nice bouquets, flowers and arrangements.......
Everything on time in a professional matter.
I was impressed and I will recommend their work !!!!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!